Welcome to the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church of Charleston Ladies’ Philoptochos Society. The Greek Orthodox Ladies' Philoptochos Society is the women’s philanthropic organization for the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
Philoptochos is open to all women of the Orthodox Christian faith over the age of 18. You can become a valued member of a group of committed women who give their time and efforts to support outstanding ministries within the Greek Orthodox Christian Church and in our local Charleston community.
"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive’." - Acts 20:35
The Greek Orthodox Ladies Philoptochos Society is the duly accredited women’s philanthropic organization of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. Our mission is:
- To help the poor, the destitute, the hungry, the aged, the sick, the unemployed, the orphaned, the imprisoned, the widowed, the handicapped, the victims of disasters, to undertake the burial of impoverished persons and to offer assistance to anyone who may need the help of the Church through fund raising efforts
- To promote the charitable, benevolent, and philanthropic purposes of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, through instructional programs, presentations, lectures, seminars and other educational resources
- To preserve and perpetuate Orthodox Christian concepts and the Orthodox Christian family, and through them, to promote the Greek Orthodox faith and traditions, in accordance with its doctrines, canons, discipline, divine worship, usages and customs
- To promote participation in the activities of the Greek Orthodox community, with the cooperation of the parish priest and the parish council
- The charitable work of the Society shall be performed with discretion, courtesy and kindness
“Let each of you look not only to his own interest, but also to the interests of others.” - Philippians 2:4
Wondering how you could benefit from joining our group?
- Help those in need
- Connect with other community women
- Befriend like-minded women united in a common purpose
- Grow spiritually
- Learn more about the Orthodox Christian faith
Click here to request more information or a membership form.
President: Phyllis Gates
Vice President: Andrea Carabus
Treasurer: Effie Meletis
Recording Secretary: Billie Ruby
Corresponding Secretary: Amy Chiconas
“Give to others and God will give to you and you will receive a full measure, a generous helping, poured into your hands – all that you can hold.” - Luke 4:3